Bexar County, Texas
County Court at Law No. 10
Tina Torres is a trial lawyer and former Judge with over 18 years of litigation experience. Her passion for helping families in the practice of divorce and child custody law is the driving force behind her work at Zinda Law Group.
Tina has been recognized by her peers in the legal community for excellent representation in complex family law, divorce, and custody matters. Her family law practice includes divorces, custody modifications, business divisions, interstate custody issues, and other complex matrimonial matters.
She has also done legal work on behalf of a number of businesses, providing her with a unique perspective of business valuation, division, and negotiation during the litigation process.
Tina is very active in her community and has been recognized by organizations all over San Antonio. Scene in SA Magazine recognized her as one of San Antonio’s Best Civil Defense Lawyers in 2011 and Best Family Lawyers in 2009 and 2013. St. Mary’s Hispanic Law Students Association recognized her as Latina in Law of the Year in 2009 and the Red Dress Society presented Tina with their Public Servant Angel award in 2009. Tina has also been recognized nationally, she has received a “Superb” rating, the highest designation from online law directory AVVO Corporation.
Tina graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English and a Minor in Psychology from U.T. – Austin. After graduating from U.T., she made her way back home to her native San Antonio to attend St. Mary’s School of Law, where she received her Doctorate of Jurisprudence while clerking full-time for her late father and renowned civil litigator, Pete Torres, Jr.
Along with her litigation practice, and following in the footsteps of both of her parents (who were staunch advocates for equality), Tina has proven her commitment to the San Antonio community by spending countless hours advancing causes near and dear to her heart, including volunteering with Child Advocates of San Antonio (C.A.S.A.) and the San Antonio Bar Foundation’s Community Justice Program. She’s had a number of speaking engagements on the importance of voting and is a yearly presenter at St. Mary’s University School of Law/San Antonio Bar Association’s People’s Law School. To schedule a free consultation with Tina or a family law attorney at Zinda Law Group, call 800-863-5312 today.
In her spare time, Tina enjoys reading, cooking, yoga, hiking, traveling, and hanging out with her 120 pound yellow lab, Scout.
- Mary’s University School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. English and a Minor in Psychology
- State Bar of Texas
- The San Antonio Bar Association
- The San Antonio Bar Foundation
- The Mexican-American Bar Association of San Antonio (Past President and member)
- The St. Mary’s Law Alumni Association
- The San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- The Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- The St. Mary’s School of Law Hispanic Law Alumni Association (board member)
- The Hispanic Issues Section of the State Bar of Texas (past Vice Chair).
- The League of Women Voters (voter outreach and engagement)
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Greater San Antonio (financial literacy)
- Inman Christian Center (quality daycare for underprivileged families/housing for the elderly)
- Healthy Families (parenting for at-risk families).
- First Place winner with Laci Evans in the San Antonio Area Foundation’s Women & Girls Development Fund Poetry Slam (March 2013)
- Recognition by Scene in S.A. magazine as one of San Antonio’s Best Civil Defense Lawyers (July 2011)
- Recognition by Scene in S.A. magazine as one of San Antonio’s Best Family Lawyers (July 2009 and July 2013)
- Public Servant Angel award from the Red Dress Society (December 2009)
- Latina in Law of the Year by the St. Mary’s Hispanic Law Students Association (April 2009).
"I would definitely use Tina to represent me in the future!"
“My experience with Tina Torres was very clear, straight forward and honest. I knew the process and what to expect. I felt very comfortable because Tina was so experienced and knowledgeable in her field. I would definitely use Tina to represent me in the future.”
– Former Client
"As dedicated as they come!"
“Tina helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life. After a decade without any contact from my sons dad, he contacted me out of the blue asking for custody. At our first consultation, Tina defined the word “Dedicated” for me. She listened thoroughly and was compassionate about my situation. Tina explained the processes I will be faced with and what the possible outcomes would be. She explained the many support laws within Texas and how they may affect my case, especially when it came to parental rights. She always responded to my emails and phone calls and addressed my concerns even if/when they were in the middle of the night or something we had just discussed. Tina always kept me informed on any new issues that arose. When I needed her, she was always there. I trusted her with my childs welfare then and will trust her in the future years to come. I have recommended Tina C. Torres to my family and friends and will continue to do so.”
"Knowledgeable in her field!"
“I recently went through a divorce that dealt with a substantial amount of assets/incomes. Ms. Torres was very knowledgeable with her approach to my situation and gave excellent legal advice. She was always available for counsel and put her all into my case. In the end, I was very pleased with the results and highly recommend her for representation.”